What Differentiates Non-Voice Technical Support From Voice Processes?
The concept of BPOs has led to a boom in IT services in dedicated countries. Also known as Business Process Outsourcing, this process helps streamline various critical processes within a firm with a reduced need for capital investment. BPO Tech support services are generally divided into two different categories which include:
- Voice Technical Support
- Non-Voice Technical Support
But, before we get more in-depth of these two categories, let us understand the basics of BPO services.
What is BPO or Business Process Outsourcing?
BPO is essentially the process involved in outsourcing or contract partnership related to specific work segments or processes within an external organization. These services can range anywhere from accounting to telemarketing and data recording to payroll creation/management. In general, BPO services are dedicated to the fulfilment of the supplementary needs of a company rather than the core business functionalities. These services could either be non-technical or technical in nature.
Types of BPOs
- Offshore BPOs: Offshore BPOs are the vendors that are based outside of the organization’s parent company. For example, a company based in the United States can use the services of an offshore firm located in Australia.
- Near-shore BPOs: These are the vendors based in countries that are close neighbours to the country in which the contracting firm is located. For example, for an organization based in the U.S., a company located in Mexico can be considered a near-shore BPO vendor.
- Onshore BPOs: The onshore BPO service providers tend to operate in the very same country within which the hiring firm is located. For example, an organization located in Washington can outsource its requirements to an onshore BPO located in Washington itself.
What is Voice Technical Support?
The technical voice processes within a BPO service provider’s firm involve tasks or a job profile that includes making or receiving voice calls through diallers, softphone, or Avata machines. The technical voice process is entirely dedicated to the software, hardware, or functional aspects of a product or service provided by the hiring firm. Voice support isn’t just limited to technical support; it can also be aimed towards customer service or a sales pitch depending on the need of the company.
What is non-voice technical support?
The non-voice technical support variant of service provided by a BPO doesn’t include answering, receiving, or making any calls from/to others. However, it does cover the support need via live chats, emails, or faxes through the use of varying documentation tools & computer processing.
- Email Support: If you are a firm dealing with a huge inflow of mail that needs to be sorted and replied to, opting for non-voice technical support could be the key. Email support by BPO service providers involves processing information through emails, followed by a suitable revert. One must understand the essentials of email drafting skills. Email support has no involvement in direct customer interaction, yet, the issues need to be resolved within the shortest possible time frame.
Organizations can opt for email support to effectively gain the confidence of the customer. Emails serve as a systematic methodology for resolving an issue. It tends to be unobtrusive & doesn’t cause any such disturbances to the customers.
- Chat Support: For some business owners, email support can be a bit slow as compared to live chat support. While some organizations stick to either of the two, many opt for a perfect mix of both these options to provide the best with regards to customer support. So, if you are a firm looking for the best options in non-voice technical support, chat support could also be a great option for your business.
Chat support requires spontaneity from the customer support executive. It also helps address a lot of incoming customer traffic that cannot be taken care of via email support.
Benefits of Non-Voice Technical Support
Higher Rate of Efficiency:
Opting for non-voice technical support allows better efficiency for your business as you get ample time to concentrate on the critical aspects of your business. With minimum to zero idle time, you get better conversion rates in terms of business. There is a sense of uniformity when it comes to handling work efficiently.
The comfort level brought along by non-voice technical support is unmatched. There is no awkwardness between the customer and the representative. The reply given to the customers can be well thought of and do not need to be instantaneous. While the chat option surely requires spontaneous answers, it still doesn’t need to be instant like voice processes.
Non-voice technical support allows a customer to connect instantly with an agent. There is no requirement to dial the number or wait in the call queue to be in turn to converse with a customer care representative. This variant of technical support allows the customer to multitask with a negligible wait time. Moreover, the conversations can be saved by both the customers as the representative.
In essence, non-voice technical support can be a cost-effective & trending way to assist customers or heed to their queries. Plus, you surely save a lot of time and resources with these services while keeping up with the latest customer service trends. However, the quality of service provided to your customer will depend entirely on the way you conduct your search for an offshore service provider for non-voice tech support. So, make your choice wisely!
Looking for the best offshore non-voice technical support provider? At Outsourcing Alliance, we are an Australia-based service provider that offers you custom-tailored outsourcing solutions ranging from inbound call centre services to back-office services and telemarketing services to chat/email support services. To learn more about the solutions we offer, give us a quick call at +61390163739 or write to us at email@example.com.